History

 

 

 

 

OREGON COAST RAILRIDERS , established in  2016,  uses 7 miles of The Port of Tillamook Bay Rail Road  which was originally known as  the Pacific Navigation and Railway Company. In 1911 the last spike completed the original rail road  that became affectionately know as the PRN, or Punk Rotten Nasty by those who worked hard  to maintain the rail line. The PRN was  later purchased by the Southern Pacific Railway.  OCR operates  on 7 miles of the  original track from Bay City to Tillamook.   Rail enthusiasts can also ride the Oregon Coast Scenic Excursion train from Garibaldi to Rock-a-Way. http://oregoncoastscenic.org/.

JOSEPH BRANCH RAILRIDERS, the  original   company, was established in  2014 on a  portion of the historic Joseph Branch Rail Road now known as Wallowa Union Railroad. WURR is 63 miles long and connects Elgin in Union County with the City of  Joseph in Wallowa County.  JBR uses 20 miles  of WURR  track to offer a 2 hour and  1/2  day adventure. The railroad  crosses through the high mountain Wallowa valley then follows the pathways of the Grande Ronde and Wallowa Rivers that  eventually flow into the Pacific Ocean.  The Eagle Cap Excursion Train offers  a variety of train rides from Elgin, http://eaglecaptrainrides.com/.  More  railriding information  about Joseph Branch Railriders at http://jbrailriders.com/.